Friday 12 October 2012

OUGD403 - Illustrator (1)

We started a workshop to learn the basics on Adobe Illustrator. My knowledge in this program goes as far as using the pen tool in a novice way, so this will be a very useful and further my skills. In the first session we had two tasks, a pen tool skills page, and after that using those skills to trace a letter 'g'.

Pen tool skills page:

I found the first six relatively easy with the use of the instructions and what I already know. I spent most of my time of the seventh one, which was a lot more tricky. It combined all the skills from the other six, in a shape which looked quite simple to make, but in the end turned out to be quite hard to create.

My completed page:



From these skills we were then given the image below and asked to trace it accurately. I found this fairly simple and thought I did quite a good accurate trace of it.


The issue with the trace is that the outer line and the two inner ones were not connected to make a full shape. This meant if we wanted to colour it, it would be completely full, without the two inner circles cut out. To fix this we leant how to make a compound path.


The final result:

No comments:

Post a Comment