Saturday 27 October 2012

OUGD403 - Illustrator (3)

The typeface I decided to use is the one I created with the 'X' as it is quite simple but effective.


The typeface I based it originally on was Times New Roman so it will be an easy process to create the letters. 

By creating a layer with the original letter, dimmed to 50% I drew over the top using the pen tool and split the letter into the different sections. I moved them apart in different directions, having some overlapping and others completely apart from one another to create the shattered effect. 



I repeated this process for the twenty six letters and six glyphs - €, &, {, }, #, ?.





After I had done all thirty two letters I created a document on Illustrator with 32 different art boards so I would know roughly where each letter needed go to. I placed the letters and sized them all up to fit thew piece of paper.


I started to experiment with layout and colour. I moved all the letters towards the middle of the page so it wasn't as uniform and static. As I can only use CMYK, I looked at using Cyan as the colour. I like it, however I think it looks a lot better in the black.


After doing the whole upper case alphabet I decided to look at the lower case so I could get a wider range of the typeface. Aside from numbers and a few glyphs, I now have a full alphabet to work with.





No comments:

Post a Comment