Wednesday 30 October 2013

OUGD503 - Studio Brief 1: Preparatory Task 1


Task: Look into Live briefs and find 5 that I would like to enter
1 - Design a 7" vinyl for Keane
I have chosen this brief because I have a big interest in music and music artwork. Working on something like this for a very well known band is an opportunity that I didn't want to pass up. It is also quite an open brief with freedom which will allow me to be more creative than other briefs would.

2 - Design Lyric Artwork for The Royal Concept

I decided to choose this brief because of it's emphasis on using typography. Typography is something I am more comfortable using over image, and I think choose briefs like this will work to my advantage. It is also an open brief, only asking for a small amount, so I will be able to be creative.

3 - Design new logo for Glacier Coffee Roasters

I have chosen this brief because it is in branding and identity and this is something that I would like to improve my skills on as I feel I haven't done much in this area and there is a chance to make myself a more rounded graphic designer.

4 - Typoday poster design

I have decided to do this brief because it is a purely typographical brief, with an interesting twist to it which will need a lot of thought and work put into it. A couple of the briefs I have chosen are short, small ones, so having a larger, longer one is something that I can spend time on and develop.

5 - Tiger Print Card Design

I have chosen this brief because it seems like it is quite a fun, playful brief which will be quite relaxed. It also gives me the chance to work commercially as the winning design will be sold in M&S.

No comments:

Post a Comment