Friday 18 October 2013

OUGD504 - What is Design For Print? (1)

To start this brief off, Charlie, Anna and myself got together and did two brain storms so we had a better understanding into what we needed to include and what were big subjects.
Brain storm 1 - A general overview of what needs to be included
Brain storm 2 - Content focussed down
From this is gave us a better idea into what the brief was asking us to do. From this, I wrote myself a few questions to answer and see how I want to create this info-pack, what I want to use, what tone of voice I want to use, and for what audience.

What print processes/finishes do I already know?
Digital
Screen printing
Lino printing
Letter Press
Book Binding

Which print processes do I want to learn?
Foiling
Embossing

What processes do I want to use to produce the outcome?
Digital
Potential screen printing/letter press
Book binding

What content do I want to use?
Print processes
Stock choices
Colour theory/choices
Costing
Finishes

What audience?
People who are interested in printing - designers who want to know about the different print processes/how to print in these processes and what to consider.

What tone of voice?
Informative
Informal - friendly, not casual
Easy to read

Info-pack Research Link
Content Research Link

After researching into info-packs and into the content, I made a design sheet exploring the potential formats that I could create this pack in.
Format Ideas sheet:
From the 10 format ideas I have come up with there are a few I am considering to do. Number 4, the pyramid pack. I think this is quite a creative and interactive way to display the information and is definitely something to consider. Number 6, the book in a 'screen print' package. This is the idea that I like the most because it is a book and packaging which has a bit of a twist, which is interactive and will make the book seem more interesting. Idea 9 is a simple book, which is the easiest thing to do in this brief, and the idea that I feel most comfortable doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment