Friday 22 February 2013

OUGD406 - Communication is a Virus (2)

Once we had decided on the concept, we started to put together some ideas on how this could be put across.
Concept: Helping people to overcome Facebook addiction.
Initial Ideas
Website & App Ideas
From the basic structure of the app & website, I created a digital mock up so we would know what it would look like at this stage.

Button ideas
The button is the most interactive part of the app so needs to be something obvious and noticeable, and big enough to press easily on a phone/tablet format. I did four designs, all quite similar. Although I like all of them, the one which stands out the most/seems the easiest to press is the last one as it has the black circle in the middle which draws the attention. This is also the case for the third one, however because it isn't a perfect circle, I am more inclined to use the last one. Further development could include each button having it's own individual icon depending on what page it takes you to.
Login Button Ideas
Login is essentially the most important part of this App as it is the key to get into it. The home page is simple in the fact it has the logo and the login button. The logo will be large, and because of this, there needs to be something which draws the viewers eye to the login button. Sticking to the theme of triangles like in the button, I experimented with using this to draw the eye to the word.
I decided to go with the last one as it works the best visually. When the triangles are on the two sides, it seems too far away from the word to give the same impression than with the triangles above and below it. I think it definitely draws the eye to it, whereas the other four don't as much, if at all.

I created the layout in the two sizes of the App, iPhone & iPad size.
I created the six main pages:
iPhone format:

I added the colour scheme from this image.
iPad format:
Colour variations
Start up page
Menu Page

No comments:

Post a Comment