Monday 11 November 2013

OUGD503 - Studio Brief 1: Competition Brief 2: Pickled Pelican

Pickled Pelican - Food Label
Brief:
Gourmet range of REAL jams, relishes,candies cookies etc
Rustic slightly vintage old school needs to suit a variety of bottles happy to change the pelican to fit with this image
My response:
This brief is obviously very short, which made it really very open with not much of an idea of what the contestant holder actually wanted.
From the brief I created the following response:
The contest holder added a note asking for a stamp to be created too, so I created that along wit the label design.
My entry entered
I was given the following feedback from the contest holder for my design:
From this I did what they asked, which wasn't exactly what I wanted to do, but if it's what the client wants then it has to be done.
I created the following response:
I also created a second design which was the same but with a smaller height.
The contest holder preferred the second design, giving the following feedback:
From this I did the following changes:
Designs entered 
From the last one entered I was given 5 points of feedback:
I carried out these changes:
I was given the following feedback:
This was a little bit annoying because the feedback was the opposite of what she had asked for previously, so it felt a bit like going in circles.
I carried out the changes she wanted and made the following:
After this I was given a further amount of changes to do:
I carried these out:
Final design
After all of that I was awarded the winner of the contest.
Once I had done this I had to hand over the files and agree to the terms & conditions.
Initially I entered this brief because there weren't many designs entered, and the ones that were weren't exactly spectacular so I thought I was in for a good chance of winning it.
It was also a chance to work from a brief which was very brief to say the least, and was clear that the contest holder didn't really have much of a clear idea of what they wanted.
This brief also gave me the insight into how a client might want something that I, as a designer, will think is completely awful and make me wonder how on earth they could possibly want that as a design for their products. I personally still stand by my original design, but I suppose at the end of the day I won the competition and the money so I can't complain so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment