Wednesday 14 November 2012

OUGD403 - Message & Delivery: Distribution (1)

Using the same research from the last brief, I must now create an envelope and appropriate solution to the message/statement I want to communicate. The envelope is a standard DL 220X110mm size.

Initial Ideas:

There were a couple of solutions I came up with that I was strongly considering doing. The first is having the envelope open out and the inside to be the information I wanted to put across. This was a simple idea and would just involve a bit of double sided printing.
The second idea was having a leaflet inside, either in a simple A4 format or in the shape of the twitter bird.
After consideration and variations on the format, I decided the best way to move forward was to do the double sided envelope that opened out.

I wanted to keep it simple, like the posters, and keep with the same message. As a starting point I looked at how I could incorporate the poster ideas with the inside of the envelope.


I kept with the posters for the inside, and with the four statements I made, '140 characters is the new...'. It essentially looks like the 'Type & Image' poster on the inside. To make it work as an open out envelope, on the net I added an extra tab to each side with a 'cut here' and a dotted line. This would mean that it wouldn't just be ripped open, and the inside image would not be affected.

No comments:

Post a Comment