Tuesday 20 May 2014

OUGD505 - Studio Brief 3: Evaluation

This was definitely my worst response of the module, but as it was only a one week brief, I am quite thankful that it was this brief instead of one of the other two larger briefs. That said, I do wish I had spent a bit more time on the design and worked a bit harder to create something that was a bit more interesting as a poster than what I did.

I think the main problem of this brief was the film that I was given. I found it to be boring and really not my kind of film at all, which did make me less than enthusiastic about creating a poster for it. The poster I created wasn't entirely reflective of the film, just of one element, and while I do think picking out a small element and building on it was a good thing to do, I'm not sure I chose the right element.

I had decided that I wanted to use this brief as a base to work on my Illustrator illustration skills as this is something I have never really been confident in. I am much better and type and manipulating type than I am in creating and using illustrations. I wanted to work on this and try improve these skills through this brief, which at the time I thought would be good for my practice, however I do think that if I worked on creating a typographical poster it would have been much stronger as a piece to submit. I do think that doing the illustrated based poster was good for me as it gave me a bit more confidence in my ability to use Illustrator.

Overall I do think that I could have created a much better response to the brief, but as it was only a one week brief, I don't think I did a terrible job and don't think it was anything to particularly worry about because even though I'm not entirely pleased with the final outcome, I learnt a few more skills and got more confidence in doing the brief and how I responded to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment