Monday 9 December 2013

OUGD504 - What is Design For Print? (5)

After finishing the supporting media & packaging, I turned my attention back to creating the remaining flow charts, trying to get as many done as possible in time for the final print crit.
As I only just had the laser cutting induction on the 2nd & the crit on the 3rd, I have yet to complete that one, and also have not started on the spot varnishing one yet either.

Final Print Crit - 3.12.13

Following the crit there was a bit of feedback. I asked specifically for feedback on the stock choices & the duplexing I had done. It was all generally positive feedback.

After the crit I decided that the stock concertina needed more work on because I think I did it in a bit of a rush to get it done for the crit.
Stock concertina
I revisited all the research I had collected and decided that I could change a lot of it and include a few illustrations. It was suggested in the crit to some how incorporate the yellow stock colour into my design, and by doing some illustrations, it does that.
The pages are now going to be:

  • Duplexing
  • Stock Types (2)
  • Density (2)
  • Making Paper
  • DIY Paper
I felt that the information I current have could definitely be condensed down so there would be room for more.
I started by going into Illustrator and drawing out a few illustrations.

Illustrations
I then rewrote the information on the concertina and reordered the pages so that each double page would be together and not in different folds.
I then added the Illustrations, making sure they were all at the same scale and position when placing them.
Illustrations on pages:
Finished concertina
I am much happier with the concertina as a whole now as I think it looks so much better with the illustrations on. With the text before it was quite boring and clinical, but now it has the illustrations it looks a lot more contemporary and engaging for a viewer.
Once I finished this I went back to the flowcharts to finish them off and amended some of the design issues in the others.

Finished Flow Charts
So far I am happy with all of the work for the final outcomes I have done and I think as a whole it will hopefully work well together and look like part of a pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment