Thursday 20 March 2014

OUGD503 - Studio Brief 1/2 Final Crit

Today was the final crit for both the studio briefs 1 & 2. For this we needed to bring along boards of every brief I had done up to this point.

I took my 10 final Domino's boards, the 11 final Oasis boards and my 9 small briefs.

The first part of the brief was to present our collaboration boards and spend half an hour walking around and criting other peoples boards.

Overall the feedback on our collaboration was good, but a lot of comments were made on the fact that  we had quite a lot of boards and could do with condensing them down. Comments were also made on the fact that the images were very bold so more white space on the boards might be a good idea.

Daisy and I discussed the comments made and agreed that we would need to make changes to our boards as they were not yet professional looking or showed off the images as well as they could.

The second part of the crit was on our individual boards. In pairs we went around the table and looked over everything each person had and filled in a peer review form, stating the strengths and suggestions for the following sections:

  • Presentation
  • Project Management
  • Have you answered the brief?
  • Any other comments
My feedback:
Overall the feedback I received was positive. There were a few good suggestions pointed out to me. One was that in my smaller briefs I had been working in vectors for all of them and hadn't really worked with photography or any other kind of media. This was something that I hadn't really realised until it was commented on until now so if I have time I will try find a brief which will work with other media.

Another comment was made that I didn't really have any substantial briefs apart from my two main ones, Domino's & Oasis. Although I agree with this, a couple of the smaller briefs have been larger than I have put across in the boards, so this is something I want to work on and represent my work in a much more fair view of what has gone into the designs. With this in mind, I am intending to find a brief that does need a bit more of a development stage to it and a bit more experimentation. A comment was made on the fact that I had gone by the briefs and not really 'broken' them, however I do feel I did this to an extend with my response to the Domino's brief. While I did create a campaign to advertise the deal, the angle I took for it wasn't the typical angle advertisements take.

No comments:

Post a Comment